The Boston New Music Initiative announces a call for works to be programmed on its sixth concert season, which will run from September 2014 through June 2015. It doesn’t appear to have an age restriction, but let me know if you find out otherwise.
Call For Music Scores
Deadline: December 31, 2013
- Works may be for any subset of 1–7 players from the following instrumentation (Pierrot ensemble): flute, clarinet, violin, cello, piano, solo voice and/or percussion. Works can be of any duration, although preference may be given to works that are 10 minutes or less. The organization may hold a call for works for larger ensemble and electronics/electroacoustic works at a later time this season.
- There is no limit on number of works submitted, although each work should be submitted as a separate entry. Multi-movement works are accepted as one entry; if movements are in separate files, they may all be submitted.
- Composers must become associated or full members of the Boston New Music Initiative to enter a submission. Associate membership is free and more details may be found at www.bostonnewmusic.org/membership.
- Full members are granted one free submission per year, in addition to other benefits. There is a $15 fee for the first work; $5 for each additional work, payable online through PayPal (follow application link below) or check by mail, to be received by Dec. 31, 2013.
- Please address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-744-9607. Note: Please do NOT send submission materials to this email address as the materials will not be accepted using this method.
- The only acceptable formats for files are as followed:
For the score: .pdf
For audio recordings: .mp3 and .m4a
All other materials: .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf, .odt, .pdf
- Selected composers are required to mail or deliver physical copies of parts for all performers and two (2) full scores within four weeks of their notification of selection.
Instructions for Submitting Scores:
Composers are asked to upload the following materials (each as a separate document).
- PDF file of the score.
- An information sheet containing the following information:
*Composer’s contact information (name, phone number, physical mailing address, email address, and website)
*Title, instrumentation, and duration of the work
*Work’s date of completion and complete performance history
*Performing rights organization (ASCAP, BMI, etc.) associated with the work and/or composer, if any
*Composer’s year of birth (for program information only)
- Composer biography and program notes of the work (300 words or less for each), to be used for the program. If either exceeds the requested word limit, the organization reserves the right to truncate the document for—or omit it from—the concert program.
- (Optional) Recording: .mp3 or .m4a format only
To apply, visit www.bostonnewmusic.org/submit